rcs construction is closely monitoring the development of COVID-19 throughout Canada with an emphasis on the Atlantic Provinces. Construction remains an essential service throughout the Region and we must take precautions to ensure that our employees, clients, suppliers and communities continue to remain safe during this time.
As the situation evolves, rcs will continue communicating best practices and strategies that have been adopted during this time to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At present, under these circumstances, the measures noted below are critical and must be applied to keep rcs job sites safe and operational.
Preventative Measures on Job Sites
- Site personnel will be limited to essential personnel only
- No person that has travelled from another country or province is allowed to enter site unless self-isolation has been completed
- No person that has flu/cold symptoms shall enter the job site
- Practice social distancing (at least 6 feet)
- The rcs Site Superintendent will complete the rcs Daily Hygiene Checklist to ensure all enhanced hygiene methods are being followed
- Stagger breaks and lunches
- No in-person meetings
- All personnel entering site must receive rcs COVID-19 Procedure orientation by the rcs Site Superintendent
- Those that are able to work from home are required to do so
rcs’ Pandemic Committee meets daily to discuss the rapid and ever-changing developments of COVID-19 and how it impacts our industry. If there are any concerns please contact your rcs Project Manager or a member of the Committee.
COVID-19 Pandemic Committee Members:
Doug Doucet, President
Dena Hueston, Director of Human Resources
Andrew Doucet, Director of Construction, NS & NL
Chris Baldwin, Chief Financial Officer
Owen Young, Director of Construction, NB & PE
Brendan Nobes, Director of Major Projects
Ashley Conrad, Safety Manager
Mike Greek, Estimating Manager
Nick Tingley, Senior Project Manager